This weekend you can’t miss the 25th annual Festa Italiana being held at Croatian Park, 3730 Auburn Avenue in Sacramento. Hosted by the Italian Cultural Society of Sacramento this fun-filled weekend festival will immerse you in Italian food, beer, wine and culture – in that order, if you like.
Try a turn at Bocce, ogle the hot Italian cars, and get “moon-struck” with the Saturday night dance and other live music and entertainment. Shop the market for lovely, little Italian things and take the kids for face painting and the always fun Salami toss.
YES – and, oh the food and drink! There will be a great selection of Italian beer and wine as well as those lovely Italian coffees. Drool over live cooking demonstrations and then snatch up free samples. Other free nibbles are planned from food vendors throughout the fest including specialty items like olives and olive oil as well as homemade jellies and breads.
This list of other food on offer will get your Italian motor running:
- Freshly-Caught, Fried Calamari from Monterey Bay
- Stuffed Bell Peppers, Salads, Pasta from the Napoli Culinary Academy
- Festa Sausage and Peppers and Onion Sandwich and Pizza from Adorno’s Deli
- Homemade Ravioli in a variety of Itala Sauces from Vinciguerra Ravioli Company
- Lasagna, Garlic Bread and Salads from La Famiglia
- Bruschetta, breads and other Italian Specialties from Il Fornaio Ristorante
- Italian Pasteries, Cannoli and Gelato from Mamma Pesole Sicilian Pasteries and Fritters Dianda Italian Bakery
The Saturday, August 7th hours are 11:00am to 10:00pm and Sunday, August 8th from 11:00am to 6:00pm. For more information, go to www.italiancenter.net. Photo of children dancing courtesy of the Italian Cultural Society of Sacramento.
The Early Girl: Foodie Weekend is published weekly on Thursdays so you can get the ‘dish’ on the food-wine weekend events in/around Davis. Find out where else you can find me blogging, writing, teaching, cooking and having other food and wine adventures atVegetarianized.com.